July 19, 2011

New Tunes in a New Place

Last month when I put up a song I'd done for the Genetic Music Project, I threatened that there would be more to come as I shifted from ACID Planet (which has been very good to me) over to Soundcloud.  One of the reasons I wanted to do that was because Soundcloud is designed to more easily interact with blogs and Facebook and the like.  So, here's some new tracks.  Let it never be said that I don't follow through on my threats . . .

Another nice aspect of Soundcloud is that you can arrange songs into "sets" and ensure a correct running order. These three songs don't really work as an integrated whole - it's not really an epic - but they do run on one into the other. Pretty well, I think. So here is my first set, "Nonsense Suite." The nonsense is pretty easy to find - the individual song titles. Two came from Spam email subject headers, the other from some commenter's handle on a blog I read regularly:

Nonsense Suite by Infinity Ranch

When I go to Richmond to do an oral argument, I've got 20 minutes to argue with the judges. Normally, I use up all that time. But one trip, the law had changed so massively (in my client's favor, for once!) since the briefs were filed that the result was pretty much a given. I was at the lectern for less than a minute. Thus, "50 Seconds Over Richmond":

50 Seconds Over Richmond by Infinity Ranch

For some reason, I woke up one morning with the pounding rhythm of Adrian Belew's "Young Lions" in my head. I tweaked that a little bit and came up with this, which I could only call "Gish Gallop." It's less synthy that normal - dig that dirty organ, man!

Gish Gallop by Infinity Ranch

And, just to round things out, an easy-to-play version of "Errors of Avoidance," the GMP track:

Errors of Avoidance by Infinity Ranch

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment