October 16, 2012

It’s All About Tunes

A few weeks ago I mentioned reorganizing my online musical life, shutting down the old account at ACIDPlanet and consolidating things at Soundcloud. At the time, I took down all the tracks I had up at Soundcloud, in order to put them back up in the proper format and running order.

Yes, I’m that pretentious.

I’ve taken the cream of that crop and organized them into a new “set” (think of it as an album, if you wish) called Working Title. Unlike the two ADICPlanet sets, which made use of premade loops as well as my own stuff, these tracks are all my own. Here’s the set as it exists now:



Over the next couple of days, I’ll upload two more tracks to round out the set. I’m really happy with them, as they’re completely different from one another and both came from concrete ideas in my head, rather than just growing out of fortuitous doodles.

Speaking of reorganizing, it’s been a while since I showed what the studio setup looks like these days (click here for a bigger view):


For the gear heads, here’s what you see in that picture, from left to right:
  • Alesis SR-18 drum machine
  • Korg M50 workstation (bottom) w/ GFS Greenie Classic fuzz box
  • Alesis Micron virtual analog synth (top)
  • Korg Kaosilator synth
  • Zoom R-16 digital recorder
  • Peavey KR-1 amp
  • M-Audio Axiom-61 MIDI controller (bottom)
  • Nord Rack 2X w/Boss PH-2 Super Phaser (top left)
  • Moog Minitaur bass synth (top middle)
  • Berhinger MIDI controller (top right)
  • Gateway computer running ACID Music Studio and various software synths, including GForce Minimonsta and M-Tron and virtual versions of Korg’s M1, Wavestation, and Polysix synths

Up tomorrow – music inspired by a skittering little bug!

No comments:

Post a Comment